Keto diet is a well-known diet program that utilizes the ketogenic condition to burn the fats and gives you ideal weight.
This diet can be considered as low carb because most of its menu consists of high protein and fats, and almost none carbohydrate.
Eat keto is easy if you can prepare it at home. However, if you are on travel, you may have difficulty to follow the low carb option ala this diet. But, with the subway keto, you can solve this problem.
What is Subway Keto?
It is basically how you order the menu at Subway restaurant to follow your carb options and rules. The best of all, Subway has all Keto options you can choose and mix to create the subway low carb menu that matches your diet menu. Let’s start!
Here are tips and basic rules you should follow if you want to enjoy the menu with correct net carbs for your diet at Subway.
- Order salad! Subway’s chopped saladis one of the best menus you can choose.
- Avoid high carb snacks, such as cookies, wraps, and chips.
- Always check the detail and nutritional informationand guidance before ordering.
- Choose a safe choice for a drink, such as water, diet coke, or unsweetened iced tea.
- Avoid toppings and dressings for safety.
The Menu You Can Try
As we mentioned above, chopped salad is the best choice. Subway provides the low net carb for their salad menu. Most of them are at 11 net carbs. However, among many salad menus, sweet onion chicken teriyaki has the highest net carb at 28 points. In the second place, there is the meatball marinara with 21 net carb values.
Here are the nutritional values of all chopped salad menus at Subway
- Oven roast chicken– 2.5 grams fat, 12 grams carbs, 130 calories
- Black forest ham – 3 grams fat, 13 grams carbs, 120 calories
- Subway club– 3 grams fat, 12 grams carbs, 130 calories
- Roast beef – 3.5 grams fat, 4 grams fiber, 140 calories
- Sweet onion chicken teriyaki– 3 grams fat, 32 grams carbs, 220 calories, 4 grams fiber
- Turkey breast – 2 grams fat, 110 calories, 4 grams fiber, 12 grams carbs
- Veggie Delite – 1 gram fat, 60 calories, 4 grams fiber, 11 grams carbs
You also can choose the dressing, from the sweet onion sauce to green peppers. Each of them has a different net carb value; with sweet onion is the highest at 16 grams. If you are worried about the carb value, you can always choose the safer dressing, which is oil and vinegar, with 0 grams of carbs.
The best choice is steak egg. This menu is also paired with a flatbread that has quite high calories and carbohydrates. So, you can remove or order without the bread and enjoy the filling. And, you will get as follows:
- Bacon, cheese and egg – 18 grams protein, 250 calories, 4 grams carbs, 15.5 grams fat
- Cheese, steak, egg – 21 grams protein, 240 calories, 6 grams carbs, 12.5 grams fat
- Cheese and egg – 12 grams protein, 170 calories, 4 grams carbs, 9.5 grams fat
- Cheese, black forest hamand egg – 16 grams protein, 200 calories, 5 grams carbs, 10.5grams fat
You can combine these breakfast menus with the subway salad to get the best effect. Just make sure when you order both menus, you choose whether you also order double meat on the salad or not. If you use this option, you may have too high calories and protein intake, which doesn’t match your Keto’s daily menu.
Lunch and Dinner
For lunch and dinner, Subway also has spicy italian choices. However, if you don’t like it, you can always go back to the safest choice, which are veggie delite and other salad menus. And, you can even order various salads for lunch and dinner. Here are the examples:
- Cold cut combo – 12g protein, 180 calories, 4 grams fiber, 11g fat, and 13 grams carbs
- Tuna – 15g protein, 310 calories, 4 grams fiber, 24 grams fat, 11 grams carbs
- italian bmt– 14g protein, 130 calories, 4 grams fiber, 15 grams fat, 13g carbs
Make sure you pay attention to those nutritional values, so you can make an ideal combination for your Subway Keto menu. Maybe, some of those menus only have small differences in carbs, but it can affect your diet greatly. Even as small as 3g carbs or even 1g fat, if you don’t calculate it correctly, your Keto diet won’t produce any result.
The Topping and Dressings
We said that you better avoid toppings and dressing. However, if you calculate it correctly, the topping and dressing won’t be any problem for your diet. As the Keto diet limits the carb, you can even make a combination of food that reaches 35g fat or even 45g fat but with low carb value.
- Ranch dressing – 45 calories, 1 grams carbs, 11 grams fat
- Oil – 45 calories, 0 grams carbs, and 5 grams fat
- Creamy Italian – 80 calories, 4 grams carbs, 7 grams fat
- Vinegar – 0 calories, 0 grams carbs, 0 grams fat
- Savory Caesar – 130 calories, 1 grams carbs, 14 grams fat
- Sauerkraut – 10 calories, 2 grams carbs, 8g fat
- Sweet potato curry – 10 calories, 2 grams carbs, 7 grams fat
- Guacamole – 70 calories, 3 grams carbs, 6 grams fat
You can combine one of those dressing with chopped salad, for example, Subway Club that has 3g fat will be a perfect choice. The combination won’t give you too high-fat value. Or, Turkey breast that only has 2g fat is also a good choice. Just pay attention to its calorie combination.
With this beginner guide for subway keto, you won’t have any problem choosing the menu you order at this place. You can still enjoy the menu while keeping the nutritional value in the limit you are allowed with. And, the problem with the Keto food during your travel is solved.